Canada Warbler, Hollister business park (formerly Logmein)

Dika Golovatchoff

Although I saw a Canada Warbler (Cardelina canadensis) from the parking lot at Riviera Park yesterday (along with a Tennessee Warbler) through binoculars and/or spotting scope I finally got a couple of photos this morning (showing identifying features as seen from below) at the Goleta location, where we also observed a Chestnut-sided Warbler.  I did not find a Red-eyed Vireo or Ovenbird.  The Canada Warbler was moving very actively high among the tipu trees at the furthest parking lot from the main entrance.

I'll go back again to Riviera Park in the late afternoon as I have found that the bird activity around the water lily pool can be pretty dynamic starting a bit after 5PM (if there are not  any children, dogs, or adult partiers around).  A few photos at: