Santa Maria Valley birds, missing the Harris's Hawk

Dave Compton

I looked for Pine Warblers late morning/early afternoon today, 11-20, at the Santa Maria Cemetery, with no luck. I did see the PALM WARBLER  100 meters north of the Vietnam veterans memorial, feeding on the ground with White-crowned Sparrows and Yellow-Rumped Warblers. Later, I was at Jack O'Connell Park in Guadalupe, where I saw two male VERMILION FLYCATCHERS, one adult and a younger male that was still pretty pale on the breast and had a duller orangey red on the belly and under tail coverts.

Earlier in the day, several of us looked unsuccessfully for the Harris's Hawk that was photographed at Lake Los Carneros, Goleta, on Friday morning.