Monday AM birds

Nick Lethaby

All,

I checked out Refugio Canyon for over two hours. Migration, especially of warblers and vireos, continues to be pretty slow here, despite suitable weather. Best birds were 3 Olive-sided Flycatchers, a late Lincoln's Sparrow, and nice looks at a few Swainson's Thrushes.

I then checked out the Logmein Tipus. Good job by Adrian to find that migrants are here in spring too. Migrants were mostly Warbling Vireos and Yellow Warblers. Better birds were a Hammond's Flycatcher, a Hermit Warbler, a Cassin's Vireo and a Western Kingbird.

There was a Wilson's Phalarope at Devereux.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Mobile: 805 284 6200