WOOD DUCK MISSED this morning at LLC

Joan Lentz (cox.net address)

Hi All:  Went out to chase the Wood Duck at Lake Los Carneros, where met Suzanna Meyer (nice to meet you!) and she told us what we didn’t want to hear:  no Wood Duck after thorough search.  We nevertheless stood at east end of dam and on dam, having parked at La Patera, and got to see a beautiful day, with still a few migrants moving through, but few waterbirds and missed our target bird.
Still, when I came home, I had yet more Western Tanagers hanging around the yard, so that wind event laid down a push of birds up here.  Must’ve been some eastern element of it.
Devereux turned out to be beautiful but boring.
Good birding!

Joan Lentz
Montecito