Kinevan Road June 14

Florence Sanchez

I walked the road fairly early this morning and found there is still lots of bird activity, with singing by Yellow Warblers, Warbling Vireos, Purple Finches, and House Wrens topping the list.  I did not hear the Hermit Thrush this morning as I have on previous visits but a Solitary Vireo was singing near road marker 13.

There is only a little water left in the creek (retention pools) and i saw that another large oak has come down, this one hear the entrance driveway for the red-and-white houses. Age and drought are taking their toll.