We need end of season breeding bird records

Mark Holmgren

Hi All,

Thank you so much for what you have done so far by contributing to the Breeding Bird Study.

The timing of our Santa Barbara County bird breeding season looks like this.

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 7.04.37 PM.png

 We are in Week 32.  Not done yet.  Please offer us your late season breeding observations.

Those help to define the late breeding dates for many species.  And, they tell us where birds

are able to breed in this awful drought.  These may be the areas we want to nurture and protect

so that they are in condition to help birds get through our next drought.

Submit at: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/f6fdd9f0a1d94146a9640e1dd53cf503

We have records of 85 species breeding in/after Week 32.  Here are the 10 most frequent.

The full list is below.

Scaly-breasted Munia

Hooded Oriole

Lesser Goldfinch