Tech Park @ Hollister vireo redux

Nick Lethaby

All,

It seems that I got bit by the two-bird theory yesterday. Lynn Scarlett photographed a Red-eyed Vireo there. After looking at YG Vireo pictures I immediately realized that they always show a bright yellow vent and I am quite sure the first bird I saw did not have that.  The second bird I saw was a/the Yellow-green Vireo for sure.

So amazingly there are both these vireos at the Tech Park again this fall. The vireos don't use the tipus much so are not affected by the fact these seem less productive this fall.

The B&W Warbler was still at Winchester One this morning. I had a Brewer's/Clay-colored Sparrow feeding in the eucs yesterday but it snuck off and I have not been able to relocate it.

Regards,

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA