BROAD-WINGED HAWK at Bella Vista Overlook, 4 LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS

Joan Lentz (cox.net address)

Hi All:
It’s been a long time, but I finally got to see another Broad-winged Hawk, a juvenile from the looks of it, as it soared over our heads as we stood on Bella Vista at 4:30 pm this evening. Prior to that, we saw 4 Lewis’s Woodpeckers fly west in a loose flock, about 4 o’clock or so.
Otherwise, there was nothing much going on! Florence was there when I arrived with Marilyn and Wanda, so we were all pretty happy after we saw the Broad-winged.

Joan Lentz
Montecito

Join {main@sbcobirding.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.