Steller's jays near dippers

Jim Greaves <greaves@...>

Don't forget the other birds - but there are also other birds of note.
Kathleen and I saw 2 STELLER'S JAYS less than a quarter mile above the
Dipper spot on Sunday (5 Sept 99). These are significant because we have
very few sightings on south slope of Santa Ynez range. In addition, they
have bred at lower than expected elevations along the Santa Ynez River at
Gibraltar Reservoir, and several summered this year in the river bottom
willow-cottonwood forest near the spruce where Cold Springs Trail crosses
the river.