Topics

Bald Eagle #46 photo

Roger Millikan

Hurrah for sbcobirding! When I read Dave's post about Kyle's find at Goleta beach, off I went. Kyle still had his scope on it when I found him. We drove to UCSB and found it where the previous posters have described. Soon Adam Lewis joined us. We believe it is a 2nd or 3rd year bird. But you can see for yourself from this photo:

http://roger.chem.ucsb.edu/PhotoonSite/images/Eagle.html

Not shown in this photo is that he had a 4" radio aerial sticking our from his back.

Roger Millikan

Florence Sanchez <sanchez@...>

Per a message I received earlier today, this bird has been outfitted with a GPS pack--hence the aerial. He was released on Santa Cruz Island in 2006, so third year would indeed be a good assessment of his age. Great Photo!

Florence

--On Friday, February 06, 2009 4:17 PM -0800 Roger Millikan <rcmillikan@...> wrote:

Teresa

That's horrible... why such a big tag #46 on this bird?