Topics

Refugio frigatebird

Dave Compton

Hi folks,

This morning, Wes Fritz reported a Magnificent Frigatebird flying east, up the coast from Refugio State Beach. He later searched east to El Capitan, but could not refind it. No additional word.

Dave

Kate McCurdy

I did not have my binoculars with me yesterday (gasp!) but was driving Jalama Road and caught a glimpse of a large bird with a split tail soaring low over a ridge. it might have been a raptor carrying nesting material but the first thought that pooped into my mind was “frigate bird!”. Anyway, keep your eyes out (and remember your binoculars!) while in the Jalama area.

Kate

Kate McCurdy
Reserve Manager
Sedgwick Natural Reserve
3566 Brinkerhoff Ave
Santa Ynez, CA 93460
(805) 729-7981
http://sedgwick.nrs.ucsb.edu

On Mar 13, 2019, at 10:03 AM, Dave Compton <davcompton60@...> wrote:

Hi folks,

This morning, Wes Fritz reported a Magnificent Frigatebird flying east, up the coast from Refugio State Beach. He later searched east to El Capitan, but could not refind it. No additional word.

Dave

Wim van Dam

Actually, remember your camera. In March there is the possibility that this Frigatebird is something else than a Magnificent one.

Wim

--
Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
SBCO #383: Blue-winged Warbler