Topics

Devereux and NCOS today

Dave Compton

Earlier today, I visited Devereux Slough and the adjacent UCSB North Campus Open Space. No sign at either location of the Neotropic Cormorant. I make no pronouncements on it's presence or absence from the area in general. We know that it does go other places, but it did seem unusual that it wouldn't be at Devereux at and just before midday.

Not much else to report. Western Sandpipers were in both places, and several Leasts were at NCOS. A lone Short-billed Dowitcher flew over NCOS. An adult and four juvenile White-tailed Kites were in a eucalyptus on the west side of Devereux Slough. Baby Cooper's Hawks were on the east side.

Herb Elliott emailed me saying that he’d seen the Neotropic Cormorant during the early afternoon. So, it’s still around.