There were 6 Teal hanging out together near the western arm of the slough.   The were not Cinnamon Teal.  I suspected there were both Green-winged and Blue-winged in the mix. When they flew, I could see three had powder-blue epaulets and 3 did not, confirming 3 Blue-winged Teal and 3 Green-winged Teal.

Devereux continues to be good with a lot of shorebirds still present.  Up close to the road near the middle pullout is especially good for seeing them up close.

Florence Sanchez

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:45:43 PM PDT, Nick Lethaby via Groups.Io <nlethaby@...> wrote:

The Baird’s was still at Area K before 8 AM today.

From: main@sbcobirding.groups.io [mailto:main@sbcobirding.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Holmgren
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:25 PM
To: Sbcobirding
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] Devereux and Area K Tuesday morning

Devereux Slough: 4 Red Knots, 2 Wilson Phalaropes, 27 Red-necked Phalaropes, Neotropic Cormorant. No Yellow-crowned Night-Herons.

Goleta Slough, Area K:No Golden-Plover, Baird’s Sandpiper, or Pectoral Sandpipers. We saw 1 Wilson’s Phalarope, lots of Semipalmated Plovers and Killdeer, and at least 11 Lesser Yellowlegs. This wetland is drying up quickly.

Mark Holmgren

Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Nick Lethaby