Topics

Lewis Woodpeckers at Las Cruzitas

Cruz Phillips

We had two Lewis Woodpeckers yesterday on the dirt road 1/2 mile west of the entrance to the ranch and one Lewis Woodpecker today in the "equipment" field.

Just had my knee replacement re-replaced a couple weeks ago, so the fall action has been watched from my couch and chair mostly.  Other than the  expected western warblers in low numbers we had a Clay-colored Sparrow and a MacGillvary's Warbler.  Vesper Sparrows have arrived in good numbers and a Burrowing Owl was seen on a post along the dirt road last night (which is early for their arrival).

Cruz Phillips
Las Cruzitas Ranch
Santa Ynez