Early Yellow-rumped Warbler at Bella Vista Park this morning

John Callender

I had a good time birding at Bella Vista Park in Goleta this morning. I did not see the Willow Flycatcher(s) that have been seen there recently, but I did see a nice mix of early migrants, of which the most surprising to me was an early Yellow-rumped Warbler, a very drab first-year Audubon's that was calling from the treetops at the south end of the park, and eventually came down to the ground and gave some better views. Photos in the following eBird list:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S94276508

John Callender
Carpinteria