From: David Pereksta <pereksta@...>
Date: September 23, 2021 at 10:35:14 PM PDT
To: sbcobirding <sbcobirding@groups.io>, venturacobirding@groups.io
Subject: [venturacobirding] Saturday 8-hour whale watch on the Condor Express

If anyone in the Santa Barbara/Ventura area wants to take advantage of great weather offshore on Saturday, I will be assisting the Condor Express on their 8-hour whale watch as a bird naturalist. It is a whale watch, but we will be looking for birds too and have a chance to see some good ones this time of year. There have been some interesting birds offshore lately and it is a perfect time for southbound pelagic migrants as well as northward dispersers from the south. Could have glassy conditions, which would be perfect for finding Craveri's Murrelets. We have discussed trying to get to the back side of San Miguel and Santa Rosa Islands, which is where we had killer whales and Black-footed Albatrosses last month. Also a potential for other uncommon/rare birds out there. There have been a number of sightings of Red-footed and Nazca Boobies off southern California in the last few weeks so who knows what we might see out there. For county listers, I expect we will be in Santa Barbara waters all day; however, great birds transcend county lines.

You can buy tickets at this link: https://condorexpress.whalewatchreservations.com/cexvouchers/user.php?trip_id=775189

Dave Pereksta
Ventura