Topics

A Trifecta of Rarities at S.B & Goleta

goletajeff

This morning Cher, Peggy and I set out to find the Hammond’s & Dusky

FC’s, and the Canvasbacks. We arrived at the Arroyo Burro creek location that is well documented at around 8:45. We spread out at 10 yard intervals, and after about 25 mins, Cher had the Hammond’s with Jim Hodgson. We all got good views as it moved around through the willow. Next stop was the Canvasbacks. They were easily found in the main channel below the Venoco bridge with some Redheads. Last stop was the Dusky, and within 10 mins was found where I had it last week at the south end of the willows at the creek along Placer Dr.

Jeff Hanson

Goleta