Topics

Armour Ranch Rd + Happy Canyon Rd x Alisos Rd, 2019-11-15

Wim van Dam

This afternoon I quickly checked the two subject locations.

At Armour Ranch Rd I finally had some SAVANNAH SPARROW, but I'm still missing Bluebirds and Horned Larks here. There were also 3+ AMERICAN KESTREL, 5+ Hawks (of which at least 3 were RED-TAILED HAWK), and just to the west of the 154 was an adult male NORTHERN HARRIER. The hawks were hard to identify as they were all far to the north, closer to Baseline Avenue.

At Happy Canyon Rd x Alisos Rd a GOLDEN EAGLE was being harassed by a RED-TAILED HAWK, which was an unusual sight. Against the low clouds there were also 4+ TREE/VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS. The field at the SE at the crossing had a sizable flock of at least 30 AMERICAN PIPIT, along with some WESTERN BLUEBIRD, SAVANNAH SPARROW, YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER, but again no Horned Lark as far as I could tell. Also present was a LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE.

Wim

--
Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
SBCO #385: Neotropic Cormorant