Topics

Atascadero Creek

Nick Lethaby

All,

I walked Atascadero Creek west of Patterson and pretty much doubled my life total of eastern warblers there. Unfortunately this has more to do how little I have seen in the past there.

Close to Patterson I had a Black-and-white. I next had a adult male Redstart just downstream of where the flowing side creek enters. On the way back I had a female redstart just W of the homeless encampment.

At Sandpiper Golf Course, the goose flock contained 5 Cacklings.

Nick

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Ron Hirst

Maybe they will stick around for the xmas count. The area where Atascadero and Maria Ygnacio creeks meet has in past years held 2-3 B&W, plus solitary vireos, and a Am. Redstart among other goodies. Thanks for finding. Ron Hirst, SB