Topics

Baltimore Oriole at the Goleta Monarch Grove

Ryan Seppala

Today I ran into an adult male BALTIMORE ORIOLE in the Goleta Monarch Grove near the Ellwood Mesa Open Space. It was foraging near the top of a eucalyptus in the northern stretch of the grove. We took the main trailhead off of Coronado Drive and turned right at the intersection just inside the grove. This way heads north towards the main bend of Newport Drive. The bird was at a fork where a side trail on the left heads up towards some homes to the west/southwest, close to these coordinates: (34.424930, -119.891383).

Checklist with more details: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S54885957

Ryan Seppala
Orange, CA