Topics

Banded SNPL’s at Jalama Beach

Bernice Hilton

Hi all,

Learner/lurker here, and my first post.  Woohoo 🥳

Reported 2 banded SNPL I saw on 9/28/20 to the email group provided by Audubon, and have results on one so far.

SNPL #1 Fledged from Oceano Dunes SVRA in 2018, last seen at Jalama 10/10/2019.

The second bird I’ve attached, and am waiting for response. I’m not sure if all the bands are present; will post when I hear back.

On another note, a quick thanks for all the shared knowledge and experience I find here. I love reading about the birds and locations; and appreciate any hints this newbie can pick up!

Bernie Hilton

brhilton@...

Bill Crowe

Hi Bernice.

I am a monitor of snowy plovers in CA.

The bands on the snowy plover pictured are complete. The combo is r/v/r:y.

This bird was banded as a chick in Oregon.

Take care,

Bill Crowe
Woodland Hills
(424) 208-9815