Topics

Bird Refuge Monday evening

Dika Golovatchoff

I was  thankful for the dense fog that rolled in yesterday evening, but it made seeing birds more challenging.  The shapes of the islands were vaguely distinguishable.  I did see a bit to my surprise two immature Greater White-fronted Geese on the beach below the parking lot.  At the third platform a couple of semi-palmated plovers were visible on the mud as well as some Least Sandpipers.  In the distance were a few Snowy and Great Egrets, as well as black-necked Stilts and a couple of Avocets.  A Sora appeared out of the reeds  briefly.