Topics

Bird Refuge puzzler is a leucistic CoYe

Bradley Hacker

Group consensus is that this is a leucistic Common Yellowthroat. This makes good sense to me, especially this pic, in which you can see the faint white "eyebrow". Thanks to all who responded. Sorry the bird isn't something more exotic.

On 11/3/2019 11:19, Bradley Hacker via Groups.Io wrote:
One of my camera bodies is misbehaving and I have been trying to diagnose the problem before sending it back to Canon, so today I went down to the SW corner of the AC Birdless Refuge to shoot the Canary reported by Mark H and others in recent days. No problem finding a pale yellow bird. But, the bird I found is not a canary, but a leucistic warbler, I think.
* Is it a leucistic warbler?
* Nashville??
* Is this the same bird as the Canary?
(warning: pictures are bad)

(This bird was originally mistakenly reported by me from an incorrect location; please disregard.)

Bradley R. Hacker             Professor of Geology
Dept of Earth Science and Earth Research Institute
University of California, Santa Barbara CA 93106-9630

--
Good birding,

Bradley Hacker
Goleta CA