Topics

Bittern

Sandra Eacret

At LLC yesterday ~ 3pm. Saw a bittern, picture attached. Seen across the east side of the lake from the asphalt path near my dad’s (Roger Millikan’s) bench. It was at the edge of the reeds and walked east until I couldn’t see it any more.  I’m  inexperienced enough I couldn’t tell whether it is a least bittern or an American, but I saw the American bittern within the last year and this one looked smaller to me.

Sandra Millikan Eacret

On Oct 14, 2020, at 3:18 PM, Larry Ballard via groups.io <larryincarp@...> wrote:

One in Carp Creek just above the railroad bridge may be a minima.

I didn't see the Vermilion Flycatcher, Pacific Wren or Scott's Oriole reported there yesterday.

Larry Ballard
Carpinteria CA