Topics

Black Road SMV

Wes Fritz

SB Birders,

I made a very quick stop in route to a job this morning at the flooded field and Santa Maria Sewage Works.

Birds of note @ Black Road Flooded fields are, ( to me) one pair of BW Teal, several Cinnamon Teal, many Short and Long-billed Dowitchers, many peeps, 4 Whimbrel, 3 full on breeding plumaged Dunlins, 22 American Avocets which I believe a few pair are nesting along with at 2 for sure nesting Black-necked Stilts. I am positive I missed a bunch of birds. I also recommend birding this location in the afternoon due to lighting.
I made a quick drive by at the SMSW and saw one male Lesser Scaup and 2 baby Gadwalls chilling with their parents. There is still a decent number of ducks and a few hundred peeps that need to be looked at closer. As for the gulls, only 11 California Gulls were present while I was there.

Good birding.

Wes Fritz
805 895 0685
wes-fritz@...