Black Skimmer, banded Elegant Terns

Larry Ballard

One skimmer was on the beach at the foot of Elm. St. in Carp. Two of the ~100 Elegant Terns there were banded, both juveniles. One was red left, silver right, and the other had a single pinkish band on the right leg.

Larry Ballard
Carpinteria CA

Florence Sanchez

If I remember an earlier post correctly, the one with the pink band would be a juvenile that was rescued when it fell off the barge where the Bolsa Chica colony decided to nest this year?

Florence Sanchez

On Thursday, September 23, 2021, 02:28:21 PM PDT, Larry Ballard via groups.io <larryincarp@...> wrote:

One skimmer was on the beach at the foot of Elm. St. in Carp. Two of the ~100 Elegant Terns there were banded, both juveniles. One was red left, silver right, and the other had a single pinkish band on the right leg.

Larry Ballard
Carpinteria CA

Jamie Chavez

Here is the message I forwarded to the local group from CALBIRDS regarding color marked and banded Elegant Terns:

Jamie M. Chavez
Santa Maria, CA

--
Jamie Chavez