Topics

Black Tern

Joan Lentz <joanlentz@...>

Roosting now at Mission Creek outflow at large lagoon there. With Mark Holmgren, photos taken.

Joan Lentz

--
Joan Lentz
Santa Barbara

Mark Bright

Went to Mission Creek outfall around noon and met Mark Holmgren and Libby there looking for the Black Tern. About 12:15 saw the Black Tern flying over the shoreline of the beach towards Stearn's Wharf. The tern returned and flew low over the Mission Creek Lagoon several times even over the Mission Creek pedestrian/bike bridge. Tern then flew back out over the ocean. Several photos taken. One photo attached here.

Mark Bright
Santa Barbara

Bradley Hacker

I made a quick loop around the Mission Creek outflow this morning, and a brief foray out onto the wharf, and a distant look at the harbor jetty, and I did not see any terns this AM. Reports of any positive visuals appreciated

--
Good birding,

Bradley Hacker
Goleta CA