Topics

Blackburnian, Lucy's

Hugh Ranson

Late this afternoon (11/19) the Blackburnian Warbler continued in the NW (yes, Marky, NW) corner of the LogMeIn car park. There was also a Lucy's Warbler and a Wilson's Warbler in the same area. Has a Lucy's been seen here recently, or is this a new bird?

Hugh Ranson
SB

Nick Lethaby

Hugh,

I seem to remember Mark seeing one 2-3 weeks ago. Before that there was one in mid Oct for a few days that was quite elusive.

Nick

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Dave Compton

Hard to say how many Lucy's have been there. There have been at least two weeks between Mark and Hugh's sightings and Mark's sighting and those up through about 11 October. And that earlier bird, as Nick says, was elusive, and I believe was always seen on the western border of the complex. So it's possible a Lucy's has been in the area, but not so much in the LogMeIn lot, for weeks. But given this species really seems to like Tipuana tipu, it's not hard to imagine that several could've been present this fall at this one location.