Topics

Bobolink and 4 Palm Warblers

Hugh Ranson

Late this evening I went to Elings Park in search of Connor Scotland's Palm
Warbler. I soon found it in fennel. It flew to another fennel patch where it
joined two others. A fourth flew in and joined the three. They dropped to the
ground and were feeding in the incredibly spiky low-growing shrubs between the
stone bench and the paragliding spot. I then came across a Bobolink--first for
the park, I believe--in fennel a little east of the stone bench. Photos of both
here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/159344319@N03/

There are also some new photos, a few from Saturday's pelagic (including a booby
or two, or five), and a couple of the putative Alder Flycatcher at Lake Los
Carneros.

Hugh Ranson
Santa Barbara

Cuyler Stapelmann

The bobolink is still present. I missed the palm warbler(s), again.

Cuyler
SB