Topics

Brewer’s Sparrow along Santa Monica Creek in Carpinteria

John Callender

I had what I believe was a Brewer’s Sparrow along Santa Monica Creek in Carpinteria this morning. The bird was in a weedy fence line on the west side of the concrete creek channel just north of El Carro Lane. Details (including poor photos) are in this eBird list:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S74848130

I’m saying Brewer’s Sparrow, but I don’t have a lot of experience with the Brewer’s/Clay-colored distinction, so if people are willing to give me the benefit of their opinions I’ll appreciate it. Thanks!

John Callender
Carpinteria