Topics

Buellton transients - Western Tanagers and Olive-sided Flycatcher

Peter Schneekloth

Was a bit surprised to have an adult male Western Tanager staring at me when I looked out my back window this morning. I had a little time for a walk in the River so off I went, saw a number of Tanagers drop out and perch for a bit before they moved on. Otherwise the river bed was full of Black-headed Grosbeaks, Wilsons Warblers (one group of 5 and many others scattered along my route), Yellow Warblers, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, etc. The biggest surprise was when an Olive-sided Flycatcher dropped in:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/49811173901/in/dateposted-public/

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton