Topics

Buff-breasted Sandpiper Early at Sands

Marge and Don Thornton

We were on the beach at about 6:30 when we saw the Great Blue Heron in the surf.  It was low light and somewhat hazy viewing.  A bit past the dead fish, we saw a small sandpiper, larger that the peeps that was foraging along beside us as we walked down the beach.  Being suspicious we took several photos, but we had no idea what the bird was until we reviewed the pictures at home.  We are pretty sure that it was the Buff-breasted Sandpiper.  Photos are posted on Ebird:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S73674022

Marge and Don Thornton
Goleta

Nick Lethaby

Yes, definitely the Buff-breasted Sandpiper.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

Mobile: 805 284 6200