Topics

Cachuma Campground Migrants - 9 Warbler Species

Peter Schneekloth

I spent the morning walking the length of Cachuma Campground up and back. It was quite windy which impacted my ability to see a lot of the birds so the e bird list attached below likely under reports many species. There seemed to be a slow steady flow of birds up canyon against the wind. I watched a gap between some trees for 15 minutes or so and there was a steady movement of 3-5 birds a minute skipping through the trees. I had 9 Warbler Species with Wilson's and Black-throated Gray being pretty much everywhere. Other highlights were at least 2 Hammond's Flycatchers, 6 Chipping Sparrows, 3 MacGillivray's Warblers seen and I think several more heard (hard to sort calls through the wind) and 3 Cassin's Vireo. On the way out I had a Roadrunner along the road near chicken springs.

List here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S67729509

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton