Topics

Cachuma CBC Friday Dec 27th

Peter Schneekloth

For those of you that have not contacted me already we are looking for a show of hands of those wishing to participate in the Cachuma CBC on Friday, December 27th. Many good birds are being seen around the count circle including Cassin's Finch, Townsend's Solitaire, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Varied Thrush, Burrowing Owl, Sage Thrasher, White-crowned Sparrow and oh please will they stay Sandhill Cranes. More will be found by count day for sure. It's a big circle with lots of varied habitats needing good coverage to help maximize our count. Some of these outstanding bird areas have very limited accessibility so we are lucky to be able to bird them on count day.

If interested please reply to me only (Peter Schneekloth). The CBC Web page is still undergoing updating for this year but for reference: https://cachumacbc.wordpress.com/

Cruz, Kate, Peter
Your Cachuma CBC Team