From: Justyn Stahl <justyn.stahl@...>
Date: Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 9:04 PM
Subject: [CALBIRDS] White Wagtail, San Clemente Island, 15 October
To: <calbirds@groups.io>, LACoBirding <lacobirds@groups.io>

Upon hearing of Nick Lethaby et al.'s White Wagtail encounter at Santa Barbara Island late last night, I remarked to a few friends that perhaps Nicole Desnoyers and I would relocate it at Lemon Tank today upon our return to San Clemente Island. Well, we did. This is the first record for San Clemente Island, and well overdue in my opinion given the suite of other Siberian vagrants recorded here.

Otherwise, it has been a rather quiet fall here to date, with other highlights being:
Greater White-fronted Goose - 17 on 29 Sep
Buller's Shearwater - 3 on 29 Sep
Cooper's Hawk - 10 October (just the 2nd documented record for SCI)
Vermilion Flycatcher - 30 Sep (5th record for SCI)
Red-breasted Nuthatch - obvious invasion year
Varied Thrush - one on 2 October
Pine Siskin - one on 9 October
Bobolink - one on 28 Sep, one on 1 Oct
Northern Waterthrush - one on 30 Sep
Black-and-white Warbler - one on 10 October
CANADA WARBLER - one on 27 September (6th record for SCI)
Summer Tanager - one on 24 September

Best,
Justyn Stahl
San Clemente Island