Topics

Carp Creek Chestnut-sided Warbler

Dave Compton

The highlight at Carp Creek today was a Chestnut-sided Warbler with pretty extensive chestnut on the sides. It was about 50 meters downstream of 8th St, in an area we used to refer to as “the bend.” Next best bird was an early White-crowned Sparrow that perched briefly on the east side of the lagoon and then flew across to the west side. I did not see it well enough to make any assertion on subspecies. There was also a Lesser Yellowlegs in the lagoon.

Otherwise, migrant activity was not great, but not bad, either. I had a good variety of the expected land migrants, and decent numbers of Wilson’s Warblers and Orange-crowneds. Things quieted down after about 10:30.