Topics

Carpinteria Creek

Dave Compton

Carpinteria Creek is very walkable again, this year. I birded from about 50 meters south of Carpinteria Avenue all the way to railroad bridge, walking in the creek the whole way. Just one area where I had to walk in maybe an inch of water. Pretty quite most places. The best bird was an OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER a little south of 6th St. Otherwise residents and common migrants that included Western Tanager, Warbler Vireo, Black-headed Grosbeak, and Wilson's, Yellow, and Orange-crowned Warbler.

I saw no night-herons here. In the past, night-herons have been south of 6th St, across from the sewage plant.