Topics

Carpinteria Salt Marsh

Rob Denholtz

Edited

Carpinteria Salt Marsh, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018

33 species this morning . . .

Best bird was a returning SNOW GOOSE.  BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERONS are not often seen in the Marsh Park these days, they are usually around Carpinteria Creek, but one flew in while I was out there this morning.  There were a pair of BLUE-WINGED TEAL in the Park.  Off-shore there was one definite CLARK'S GREBE with a WESTERN.  The full list is at:

What !! You haven’t signed up for the Carp CBC yet?  Only 11 days left!  Better get hoppin’.   Remember, you can sign up on-line.  Copy and paste the following URL to complete your registration:

https://goo.gl/forms/vBHH4UV7i944icVD2

   Participation is free and is open to beginning and experienced birders alike.

Rob Denholtz

Carp

Glenn Kincaid

Adrian O’Lochlen and myself were also at Carp Salt Marsh this AM.  After Rob departed for home we looked over the marsh one more time on the way to the car.  T this point we spied a juvenile Bald Eagle soaring over the marsh, drifting to the west.  It looked similar to the photo posted from UCSB Lagoon by Mark Holmgren a couple of days ago.

Glenn Kincaid
Santa Barbara

On Dec 4, 2018, at 10:59 AM, Rob Denholtz <robdenholtz@...> wrote:

Carpinteria Salt Marsh, Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2018

33 species this morning . . .

Best bird was a returning SNOW GOOSE.  BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERONS are not often seen in the Marsh Park these days, they are usually around Carpinteria Creek, but one flew in while I was out there this morning.  There were a pair of BLUE-WINGED TEAL in the Park.  Off-shore there was one definite CLARK'S GREBE with a WESTERN.  The full list is at:

What !! You haven’t signed up for the Carp CBC yet?  Only 11 days left!  Better get hoppin’.   Remember, you can sign up on-line.  Copy and paste the following URL to complete your registration:

   Participation is free and is open to beginning and experienced birders alike.

Rob Denholtz
Carp
<Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 10.59.08 AM.jpg>

Peter Gaede

Great bird. The only other bald eagle record that I know of for the marsh is from Lehman back in 87.

Peter