Topics

Conditions at SMRE

jcwings@pronet.net <jcwings@...>

Hello Fellow Birders,

Here is a post to the SLOCo bird group. The Ibis are technically in SLO
County but the more important issue is the parking situation at the
Santa Maria River estuary which affects all of us no matter which side
of the county line the birds are on. I thought I should pass this along.
Parking has been a continuous problem for some time now (thank you El
Nino). It will only get worse until real parking improvements are made.

Jamie Chavez
jcwings@...

Subject:
White-faced Ibis
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:53:02 -0700
From:
Tom_Edell@...
To:
bio.rarebirds@...

Greg Smith call this morning and asked that I let the group know that
six
WHITE-FACED IBIS were present on the pond at the north end of the Santa
Maria
River mouth. From his description, it sounded like there was a lot of
disturbance to the river mouth from yesterday's high tide and storm
waves. If I
heard correctly, the parking lot is now even smaller than before. This
could
add to the wait at the kiosk.