Topics

continuing Parula

Dave Compton

The male Northern Parula was present on the south side of Alisal Road, singing off and on this morning. It covered a wide area, mostly between the two pink flags, but later was singing southeast of the more easterly flag. I heard a suspicious chip off and on in the oaks on the north side of the road, near the more westerly pink flag. Sounded like it could've been a parula. The call was always from more or less the same place, and the bird never showed itself.

Nothing unusual at Nojoqui, although I didn't spend a ton of time there. All the martins I saw (5 or 6) were around the northeast corner of the park and adjacent areas of Alisal Rd and the creek.