Topics

Coronado Euc Grove and its storm drain

Mark Holmgren

In Goleta, I passed by the storm drain 3 times while birding the Euc grove along Devereux Creek on both sides of Coronado Drive.  Birds bathing or drinking from the storm drain include 1 Pacific-slope Flycatcher, 2 Wilson's Warblers, 2 Orange-crowned Warblers, 1 Common Yellowthroat, 1 Yellow Warbler, 1 Chestnut-backed Chickadee, 1 Black-headed Grosbeak, 1 Song Sparrow, and 1 California Towhee.
Nothing earthshaking was seen in the Euc Grove.  Here and elsewhere I see more dispersal than migration, though certainly Rufous (and maybe Allen's) Hummingbirds are passing through and Orange-crowned Warblers from the islands have returned.

Mark Holmgren
San Marcos Pass