Topics

December 2019 update Lehman's BOSBC

Wim van Dam

Dear Santa Barbara County birders,

Paul Lehman has once again updated his "The Birds of Santa Barbara County, California" and this December 2019 edition can be freely downloaded (as an epub or pdf file) at the location:
http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html

This version now includes a map of our county. The site also contains a larger pdf of the same map, clarifying the districts and locations that BOSBC uses.

When relying upon this resource, please use the recommended citation:
Lehman, P. E. "The Birds of Santa Barbara County, California", Revised edition, December 2019, available at http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html, 2019. Original edition: The Vertebrate Museum, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1994.

I'll end by repeating Paul's request for additional information:

Input from the birding public is eagerly sought. If you have corrections or other information that would be valuable to include in any of the species accounts, please submit it, preferably labelled "BOSBC", to sbcobirding.groups.io. But recent records from the current 'season' should be sent to county compiler Dave Compton. We will consider these data for all future updates. This electronic publication can be modified easily, and the plans are to do so on a regular basis.[...] Feel free to comment privately to Paul as well, but we encourage suggested changes to be posted publicly on the sbcobirding site, so that we can all share in this potential new information. Technical questions or remarks regarding the site and its files should be emailed to Wim van Dam.

Thanks Paul.

--
Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
SBCO #386: American Bittern