Topics

Dipper

impact2@...

Monday afternoon, about 5:30, I had two Dippers at the swimming hole on
San Ysidro Creek. They both appeared to be juveniles: lightish throat
and breast area, and pale orangish bills. One of them was still a
little downy along the sides of the breast. They kept fairly close
together, and called often, making them easy to follow up creek, though
they stayed within 50 feet or so of the swimming hole.

For those unfamiliar with the trail (as I was), there is a parking area
at the top of Park Lane West on the left, across from the last private
home (under construction).

Rebecca Coulter
impact2@...