Topics

[eBird Alert] Needs Alert for Santa Barbara County

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Neotropic Cormorant (1 report)

Neotropic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax brasilianus) (1)
- Reported Jul 03, 2020 12:51 by David Compton
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "Fairly adult looking bird, perched on snag next to Double-crested."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Neotropic Cormorant (1 report)
- White-eyed Vireo (2 reports)

Neotropic Cormorant (Phalacrocorax brasilianus) (1)
- Reported Jul 03, 2020 14:40 by Teale Fristoe
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "Smaller than adjacent double crested. Distant photo."

White-eyed Vireo (Vireo griseus) (1)
- Reported Jul 03, 2020 10:44 by Dan Fontaine
- Coronado Dr.--south end (Goleta Monarch Grove), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4232079,-119.8898008&ll=34.4232079,-119.8898008
- Media: 2 Audio
- Comments: "Detected by song at some distance. I saw a yellowish belly and undertail, a vireo-shaped bill and a conspicous yellow iris."

White-eyed Vireo (Vireo griseus) (1)
- Reported Jul 03, 2020 10:44 by Mark Holmgren
- Coronado Dr.--south end (Goleta Monarch Grove), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4232079,-119.8898008&ll=34.4232079,-119.8898008
- Media: 2 Audio
- Comments: "Detected by song at some distance. I saw a yellowish belly and undertail, a vireo-shaped bill and a conspicous yellow iris."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- White-eyed Vireo (1 report)

White-eyed Vireo (Vireo griseus) (1)
- Reported Jul 03, 2020 16:45 by Teale Fristoe
- Coronado Dr.--south end (Goleta Monarch Grove), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4232079,-119.8898008&ll=34.4232079,-119.8898008
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Found by Mark Holmgren and Dan Fontaine this morning. Only sang one phrase while I was present but gave a few brief glimpses. Vireo with prominent wing bars, yellow wash, and conspicuous light iris."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- White-eyed Vireo (1 report)

White-eyed Vireo (Vireo griseus) (1)
- Reported Jul 03, 2020 12:33 by David Blue
- End of Ellwood Beach Drive 34.42293, -119.88615, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.422927,-119.886152&ll=34.422927,-119.886152
- Comments: "Was on a brief walk with my binocs at UCSB NCOS when I checked my email and learned that Mark Holmgren and Dan Fontaine has found a White-eyed Vireo at Ellwood just a half mile from my location. When I got there they were still on the bird. It looked like the one I photographed at Camino Corto OS on May 24. According to Google Maps that was only a straight line distance of 1.06 miles away, which strongly suggests that this is likely the same individual that has lingered into the summer."