From: <ebird-alert@...>
Date: Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:54 AM
Subject: [eBird Alert] Needs Alert for Santa Barbara County <hourly>
To: <wim.van.dam@...>

*** Species Summary:

- Buff-breasted Sandpiper (1 report)

Buff-breasted Sandpiper (Calidris subruficollis) (1)
- Reported Sep 16, 2020 06:30 by James Chapman
- Coal Oil Point--Devereux Beach and Sands Beach, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4071359,-119.8783064&ll=34.4071359,-119.8783064
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Saw at the metal beam, before the dune proper, but on the dry sand, quite close to the trail to dune pond. Quite hard to see, many people walking right past it, myself included. Happened to notice it running around and flapping its wings. Posture was generally more upright and didn't look as pudgy as it does in the photos. 5 or so minutes later, flew off into the sunrise.

I'm very unfamiliar with this species, so I'm sorry if I've made a bad ID.
Also sorry about the photo quality, it was very foggy and I was shooting from pretty far away since I didn't want to disturb the bird."

Wim van Dam (Solvang, CA)
SBCO #386: American Bittern