Topics

[eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert <daily>

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Green-winged Teal (Eurasian) (2 reports)
- Lesser Yellowlegs (1 report)
- Hooded Oriole (1 report)

Green-winged Teal (Eurasian) (Anas crecca crecca/nimia) (1)
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 12:00 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Media: 10 Photos
- Comments: "The descriptions in my previous checklists still apply. To add to those descriptions, today the teal was foraging along the shore of the island to the east of the third platform. While in this area, the aspect of the sun was advantageous for looking at the iridescence of the head stripe. In the first photos I took earlier this week, the head stripe appears to have a blueish irridescence. I've been informed that blue hues can be introduced through optical equipment, and, when present in heavily cropped images, may not always represent the actual color of the bird. Anyhow, today I saw a blueish perhaps purplish cast to the head stripe. I saw this coloration with my eyes through binoculars and scope as well as in my digiscoped photos (scope + iPhone Xs). Additionally, it appeared as if long dorsal feathers may have been covering the area where the white bar should be."

Green-winged Teal (Eurasian) (Anas crecca crecca/nimia) (1)
- Reported Nov 15, 2018 12:00 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Andree Clark Bird Refuge, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4215353,-119.6572856&ll=34.4215353,-119.6572856
- Comments: "The continuing bird was seen again today. I arrived on the third platform to find Wes F, Dika G, and another birder I did not know. After close to an hour without seeing the teal, it swam in from the south with an American and was seen by Wes and I for just a few minutes. The facial markings were bold, and the mark than runs from the base of the bill to the crown was complete or nearly so. The vertical white flank bar was absent as was the horizontal white stripe. In the afternoon, the bird was backlit so iridescence on the head was not apparent from our perspective. The tertials appeared long (longer than the nearby American), which if I understand Wes correctly suggests that this could be an adult Eurasian GWTE and not a juvenile which would be lacking the horizontal stripe at this time of year. The bird appeared slightly larger than the nearby American GWTE to me. I also had the impression of more coarsly barred flanks compared to the American GWTE."

Lesser Yellowlegs (Tringa flavipes) (2)
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 11:25 by Fred Forssell
- Goleta Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4171771,-119.829812&ll=34.4171771,-119.829812
- Comments: "Confirm by comparing calls to Sibley app. "

Hooded Oriole (Icterus cucullatus) (1)
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 09:53 by Jenny Slaughter
- west mesa, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3997571,-119.732523&ll=34.3997571,-119.732523
- Comments: "Adult male at hummingbird feeder"

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Pacific Golden-Plover (1 report)
- Lesser Yellowlegs (1 report)
- Franklin's Gull (1 report)
- Clay-colored Sparrow (1 report)
- Orchard Oriole (1 report)
- Nashville Warbler (1 report)
- Indigo Bunting (1 report)

Pacific Golden-Plover (Pluvialis fulva) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 11:23 by Bradley Hacker
- Guadalupe Pasture (restricted access), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.96336,-120.59375&ll=34.96336,-120.59375
- Comments: "Golden plover. Short wing projection. Even body tones. No contrasty cap and supercilium. No auricular patch"

Lesser Yellowlegs (Tringa flavipes) (2)
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 11:25 by Jeff Hanson
- Goleta Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4171771,-119.829812&ll=34.4171771,-119.829812
- Comments: "Confirm by comparing calls to Sibley app. "

Franklin's Gull (Leucophaeus pipixcan) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 08:30 by Bradley Hacker
- Santa Maria WTP, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9487269,-120.4915452&ll=34.9487269,-120.4915452
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Found by Mark H 13 Nov"

Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 07:33 by Mark Holmgren
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Location shown on aerial photo above. Small sparrow. Digiscoped from 40m. Could not refind the bird after seeing it from a distance. The photo helps to distinguish this Spizella from Chipping Sparrow by showing the relatively clear, gray nape, lack of rufous edges in crown and some flight feathers, buffy sides and chest. A small portion of rump can be seen in the first photo and that appears to be brown. I appreciate the opinions of several other birders on this identification."

Orchard Oriole (Icterus spurius) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 15:38 by John Callender
- Santa Monica Creek, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4070435,-119.5278168&ll=34.4070435,-119.5278168
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Adult male in the Cape Honeysuckle hedge on the west side of the creek about 100 feet south of the mapped hotspot location (that is, about 100 feet south of the footbridge over Santa Monica Creek). Likely a return of the same bird that spent last winter here. Skulking shyly in the upper part of the hedge near its south end. I got better looks when I hung back a ways, on the opposite (east) side of the bike path. Small oriole, only slightly larger than the White-throated Sparrows in the same hedge. Dark, downward-curved oriole beak; black hood; dark upperparts with pale feather edges; dark orange breast and belly, dark tail. I didn't hear any vocalizing. I couldn’t get a good photo, but enough for documentation."

Nashville Warbler (Oreothlypis ruficapilla) (1)
- Reported Nov 17, 2018 09:00 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Alice Keck Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4296434,-119.7060233&ll=34.4296434,-119.7060233
- Comments: "In trees above boardwalk. Gray head with white eye ring, yellow throat and undersides."

Indigo Bunting (Passerina cyanea) (1)
- Reported Nov 17, 2018 07:21 by Noah Gaines
- Alice Keck Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4296434,-119.7060233&ll=34.4296434,-119.7060233
- Comments: "Sparrow sized. Cinnamon brown above with thick bill. Feeding at close range in barnyard grass in creek. Light tan chest and belly and throat with smudgy dark vertical streaks on chest. Subtle brown bluish color on tail. Rich cinnamon outlines to scraps and secondaries wings dark. Slight bluish color at bend of wing. "

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Cackling Goose (minima) (1 report)
- Common Ground-Dove (2 reports)
- Black-chinned Hummingbird (1 report)
- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)
- Nashville Warbler (1 report)

Cackling Goose (minima) (Branta hutchinsii minima) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 12:15 by Bradley Hacker
- Waller Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9029675,-120.4392958&ll=34.9029675,-120.4392958
- Media: 1 Photo

Common Ground-Dove (Columbina passerina) (2)
- Reported Nov 17, 2018 16:00 by John Doty
- 2 1/2 miles SE TV Peak, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4619008,-119.8919964&ll=34.4619008,-119.8919964
- Comments: "very small, short tailed, with short, dark, vertical bars on flanks/wings. Base of bill and legs red. Feeding on ground near horse corral. Photos."

Common Ground-Dove (Columbina passerina) (1)
- Reported Nov 18, 2018 09:18 by Bradley Hacker
- Farren Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.443548,-119.9237752&ll=34.443548,-119.9237752
- Comments: "Continuing; known location. Small dove; short tail; orangey, with brownish back; scaly nape."

Black-chinned Hummingbird (Archilochus alexandri) (1)
- Reported Nov 17, 2018 08:50 by Libby Patten
- Las Cruzitas Ranch (restricted access), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6093342,-119.9600601&ll=34.6093342,-119.9600601
- Comments: "Female. Longer body than the numerous Anna's at feeder in front of main house. Seen after returning to ranch around noon. Identified by Cruz Phillips (ranch owner)."

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 16, 2018 11:26 by Libby Patten
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Continuing. Thick black bill, dark line through eye, yellow on belly and up to bottom of neck. Seen on bridge at first pond. "

Nashville Warbler (Oreothlypis ruficapilla) (1)
- Reported Nov 18, 2018 07:08 by Noah Gaines
- Alice Keck Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4296434,-119.7060233&ll=34.4296434,-119.7060233
- Comments: "Small warbler with high chip note. Bright yellow chest and under parts. Grey hoood with complete white eye right. High in same tree I saw it in last time. "

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Green-tailed Towhee (3 reports)
- Nashville Warbler (1 report)

Green-tailed Towhee (Pipilo chlorurus) (1)
- Reported Nov 18, 2018 12:57 by John Callender
- Jameson Lake, CA, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4896505,-119.5024109&ll=34.4896505,-119.5024109
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "On the north fork of Juncal Creek, on the northeast bank of the creek about 200-300 feet north of the lake edge. The bird flushed from nearby as I was walking across the brushy creekbed, and perched on the far side of the creek in a row of tamarisk-like foliage. I had a good view through binoculars of the bird in profile with the sun behind me at about 80 feet distance. It was significantly larger than the Lincoln’s Sparrow perched nearby. Dark gray upperparts, rufous crown, white throat with dark lateral stripe, dark gray breast, greenish-yellow wash on tail. I’m familiar with the bird from the Eastern Sierra. As I switched from binoculars to camera the bird retreated into the foliage, such that I only was able to obtain poor, but hopefully identifiable, photos. After the bird disappeared into the foliage I played a recording of its nasal “meewe” call from the Sibley app, and the bird replied twice with what sounded like an exact match of the call."

Green-tailed Towhee (Pipilo chlorurus) (1)
- Reported Nov 18, 2018 12:57 by Rob Denholtz
[...]

- Reported Nov 18, 2018 12:57 by Alan Prichard
[...]

- Reported Nov 18, 2018 13:25 by Mark Holmgren
- Refugio SB, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4643601,-120.0694835&ll=34.4643601,-120.0694835
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Seen twice, once drinking in the creek channel; the other time feeding in Baccharis. Very washed out colors. Head pale gray with white eyering. Back gray, wings greenish-gray with no wingbars.Immature. Throat dull yellowish. Breast brighter yellow, belly white, undertail coverts bright yellow. I did not study the tail."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Vaux's Swift (1 report)
- Nashville Warbler (1 report)
- Black-throated Green Warbler (1 report)

Vaux's Swift (Chaetura vauxi) (6)
- Reported Nov 20, 2018 12:04 by mario balitbit
- 3059 Highway 33, Maricopa, California, US (34.857, -119.486), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.8572731,-119.4859996&ll=34.8572731,-119.4859996
- Comments: "Typical stiff flight seen along hill line. More details to come"

Nashville Warbler (Oreothlypis ruficapilla) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 19, 2018 12:00 by John Doty
- Refugio SB, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4643601,-120.0694835&ll=34.4643601,-120.0694835
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Gray head, nape, and back. Distinct white eye ring. Light gray throat, then pale yellow breast, belly. Primaries black with yellow edges. White wingbar mostly concealed by yellow coverts. Closely resembles “drab 1st year bird” per Sibley. Good photo."

Black-throated Green Warbler (Setophaga virens) (1)
- Reported Nov 18, 2018 09:09 by karen mead
- 1404 De la Vina St, Santa Barbara US-CA (34.4237,-119.7094), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.423704,-119.709404&ll=34.423704,-119.709404
- Comments: "Flitting around in a tree - "

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-necked Grebe (3 reports)

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 12:14 by Santiago Lupi
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Comments: "Seen from sea landing "

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 20, 2018 14:19 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Comments: "After unsuccessfully searching for the grebe a few hours ago, I was able to find it about half way between Sea Landing and the wharf. It appears to be continuing eastward toward the wharf. Whitish cheeks, reddish hind neck, yellowish/olive bill."

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 20, 2018 12:57 by John Callender
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Swimming in the main channel south of Sea Landing where it had been reported earlier by Jim Hodgson. Medium-sized grebe with a shorter, stockier neck than nearby Western/Clark’s. Top of head black, light throat and auriculars, dark with a slightly brownish tone on the sides of the neck. Heavy yellowish beak held pointed downward."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-necked Grebe (4 reports)
- Red-footed Booby (2 reports)
- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)
- Clay-colored Sparrow (3 reports)

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 14:00 by Louis Bevier
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Comments: "Medium-sized, thick-necked grebe in mid-channel by red buoy marker 12 se. of Sea Landing and towards tip of sand spit. This bird had a long, pointed bill clearly yellow on mandible and dark on maxilla; dirty whitish-gray chin patch and dull reddish-brown on sides of neck; blackish crown sweeping below eye; dark brownish gray body. From behind, a dark line ran vertically down nape, dividing whitish rear auriculars. Presumably the same bird found yesterday, 20 November, by Jim Hodgson."

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 13:45 by Kris Ohlenkamp
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "See photos"

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 09:39 by Jasen Liu
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Comments: "Conrinuing bird actively diving next to boats"

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 11:34 by Libby Patten
- West Beach, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4100608,-119.6901655&ll=34.4100608,-119.6901655
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing. Seen about halfway between Sea Landing and Stearns Wharf, about 50 yds from shore. Has thicker, shorter neck than the nearby Western Grebes. Yellowish bill usually tilted slightly downward. Gray upperparts and white below. Frequent, short dives. Several others have reported since originally found yesterday by Jim Hodgson."

Red-footed Booby (Sula sula) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 10:39 by mario balitbit
- Santa Cruz Island--Scorpion Campground, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.0488223,-119.5624803&ll=34.0488223,-119.5624803
- Comments: "Details and photos to come!"

Red-footed Booby (Sula sula) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 15:42 by Matt Howard
- US-CA-Pacific Ocean (34.0626,-119.5415), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.062598,-119.541536&ll=34.062598,-119.541536
- Comments: "Spotted flying east approximately 1/4 mile north east of scorpion anchorage. Spotting confirmed my several borders on board the island adventure "

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Nov 20, 2018 10:25 by margeNdon thornton
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Seen in the same place as a few days ago, on the wooden posts across the pond from the East Bridge. vey yellow breast, yellow up to the neck. Heavy bill."

Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 10:39 by mario balitbit
- Santa Cruz Island--Scorpion Campground, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.0488223,-119.5624803&ll=34.0488223,-119.5624803
- Comments: "Photos"

Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 11:38 by Simon Kiacz
- Santa Cruz Island--Scorpion Canyon, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.0425726,-119.5723965&ll=34.0425726,-119.5723965
- Comments: "Photos. Missing tail. No streaking underneath. Gray nape white chin weak male strips. Brown face with dark outline. At the visitor center property "

Clay-colored Sparrow (Spizella pallida) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 11:38 by Corina Giron
- Santa Cruz Island--Scorpion Canyon, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.0425726,-119.5723965&ll=34.0425726,-119.5723965
- Comments: "Photos. Missing tail. No streaking underneath. Gray nape white chin weak male strips. Brown face with dark outline. At the visitor center property "

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Rufous Hummingbird (1 report)
- Red-footed Booby (1 report)

Rufous Hummingbird (Selasphorus rufus) (1)
- Reported Nov 23, 2018 07:00 by Rob Denholtz
- CA, Carpinteria, Carpinteria Salt Marsh & Beach, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3986926,-119.5336282&ll=34.3986926,-119.5336282
- Comments: "Perched in willlow along Ash Ave. path . . . Observed for 2 minutes, then it flew . . . Bird was 30' away, seen clearly with Nikon Monarchs 8x42 . . . This bird is uncommon this time of year and is probably a late migrant. We have, however, several CBC sightings over the past 9 years. This was a male. Eliminated Allen's by extensive, almost total brown front and back, with only a very small patch of green just below the nape."

Red-footed Booby (Sula sula) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 15:19 by Simon Kiacz
- Santa Barbara Channel, Channel Islands National Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.0633541,-119.5294476&ll=34.0633541,-119.5294476
- Comments: "Photos will be posted soon. Seen right at docking area on Santa Cruz island, scorpion landing. All dark brown booby lighter belly. No sharp demarcation at breast. Dark blue bill darker tip."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-necked Grebe (1 report)
- Red-footed Booby (1 report)
- Red-naped Sapsucker (1 report)
- Dark-eyed Junco (Pink-sided) (1 report)
- Palm Warbler (Western) (1 report)
- Black-headed Grosbeak (1 report)

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 23, 2018 11:15 by Alexander Koonce
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Comments: "Continuing, mostly between buoys 10 and 11, but spent much of its time submerged. Not quite as large as Western Grebes (although none close by for direct side-by-side comparison), with a thicker neck. Long bill, yellow below and dark on top. White throat. Sides of neck brownish, perhaps with some red, but too distant to be sure. Upperparts mostly dark gray. Rear flanks a lighter shade of gray. Crown dark gray, almost black, extending through eye. Rest of face white."

Red-footed Booby (Sula sula) (1)
- Reported Nov 21, 2018 15:19 by Corina Giron
- Santa Barbara Channel, Channel Islands National Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.0633541,-119.5294476&ll=34.0633541,-119.5294476
- Comments: "Photos will be posted soon. Seen right at docking area on Santa Cruz island, scorpion landing. All dark brown booby lighter belly. No sharp demarcation at breast. Dark blue bill darker tip."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 24, 2018 08:05 by John Callender
- Shepard Mesa, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.398684,-119.463428&ll=34.398684,-119.463428
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing bird on private property without public access. The property owner was kind enough to bring it to my attention and let me come photograph it in anticipation of the upcoming Carpinteria CBC on December 15. Adult male sapsucker. Extensive red throat with incomplete black border near the base of the bill. Red cap with black border on the back of the head and a red patch on the nape. White markings on the back in two distinct rows."

Dark-eyed Junco (Pink-sided) (Junco hyemalis mearnsi) (1)
- Reported Nov 22, 2018 15:35 by Alexander Koonce
- Vereda del Ciervo, Goleta US-CA (34.4430,-119.9166), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.442961,-119.916626&ll=34.442961,-119.916626
- Comments: "One Pink-sided in a flock of Oregon Juncos. Broad pink sides, gray hood, black lores. Upperparts reddish-brown."

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (2)
- Reported Nov 24, 2018 08:06 by David Compton
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Two continuing along the trail near the north edge of the open space "

Black-headed Grosbeak (Pheucticus melanocephalus) (1)
- Reported Nov 23, 2018 12:00 by George Chapman
- Lake Los Carneros Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.44322,-119.84975&ll=34.44322,-119.84975
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Tentative female black-headed grosbeak. Thick grosbeak bill. Strongly marked face. Buffy nap. Pink bill. Buffy & streaked breast. White belly with streaked sides. Streaks look coarse to me. Rose-breasted or a hybrid?
On grassy area north-east of Stow house, "wedding spot", under palm with dark-eyed juncos, yellow-rumped warblers and hermit thrush."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-necked Grebe (2 reports)
- White-winged Dove (1 report)
- Red-naped Sapsucker (1 report)
- Palm Warbler (Western) (1 report)

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 25, 2018 09:19 by David Compton
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Comments: "Continuing "

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 25, 2018 09:32 by Noah Gaines
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Noah’s Walk. Santa Barbara US-CA (34.4116,-119.6898), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.411603,-119.689781&ll=34.411603,-119.689781
- Comments: "Diving actively. Medium sized grebe. Long dagger shaped bill. Thick neck. Pale cheek. Smudgy mask. Faint reddish on neck. Dark cap. Bill pointed down. Dark sides. In the harbor seen from Sea Landing. With Dave Compton. "

White-winged Dove (Zenaida asiatica) (1)
- Reported Nov 25, 2018 12:46 by Bradley Hacker
- 1100 Vereda Ciervo, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4583,-119.9145&ll=34.4583,-119.9145
- Comments: "Continuing since November 9"

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 24, 2018 10:20 by Anonymous eBirder
- Santa Barbara Pistachio, Highway 33, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.847304,-119.4799447&ll=34.847304,-119.4799447
- Comments: "Well but briefly seen. Spots/stripes on back and wings in sapsucker pattern. Red nape. Black, white and red face/head. Flew to south"

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 24, 2018 08:06 by Alexander Koonce
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Two continuing along the trail near the north edge of the open space "

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Rufous Hummingbird (1 report)
- Orchard Oriole (1 report)

Rufous Hummingbird (Selasphorus rufus) (1)
- Reported Nov 26, 2018 06:30 by Rob Denholtz
- CA, Carpinteria, Carpinteria Salt Marsh & Beach, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3978981,-119.5374513&ll=34.3978981,-119.5374513
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "third day in a row in this location"

Orchard Oriole (Icterus spurius) (1)
- Reported Nov 25, 2018 11:58 by Sangeet Khalsa
- Santa Monica Creek, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4070435,-119.5278168&ll=34.4070435,-119.5278168
- Comments: "Seen in the honeysuckle hedge just south of the footbridge. Was sitting deep in the tangled branches for about 20 minutes and was unable to get any decent photos. Cobbled together some good looks over time though, enough for a positive i.d. Black hood, sharp, bluish-black bill, bill slightly down-curved. Underparts and flanks a dark, burnt orange. Black wings and tail, wings with white bar, and remiges with thin white lining."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Long-tailed Duck (3 reports)

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 27, 2018 09:09 by Sangeet Khalsa
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Comments: "Continuing female. Medium sized duck with white head and dark smudgy spot on cheek. Crown also smudged dark, slightly lighter than cheek. White flanks and dark brown back and wings. Short stout bill, bluish-grey in color. Seen near the north side of the channel, on the west side of the bridge. Photos to come..."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 27, 2018 06:50 by John Callender
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing female bird reported by Nick Lethaby two days ago. Just west of the closest railroad bridge support to the trail under-crossing. I looked for the bird unsuccessfully during most of my visit, then took one last walk under the railroad bridge to check and she was right there. Medium-sized duck, brownish above and white below, white face with dark cheek patch."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 26, 2018 10:00 by Libby Lindsay
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Second day observed; positioned around 3rd piling from the north of RR. View extensive. Adult winter female Long-tailed duck; photo incl. Face and underside white. Blackish on bill, median line extending from bill over head to back, and cheek patch. Dark brown on chest and upper body."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Long-tailed Duck (1 report)
- Red-necked Grebe (1 report)
- Tropical Kingbird (4 reports)
- Orchard Oriole (1 report)

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 08:40 by John/Linda Mendoza
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Comments: "Previously reported. Pics to follow"

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 27, 2018 14:58 by Glenn Kincaid
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Previously reported from this location."

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 27, 2018 08:34 by Libby Patten
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Continuing. Seen on perches next to Whittier Bridge pond. Yellow up to throat, thick dark bill and eyeline, notched tail. "

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 27, 2018 08:34 by Carol Langford
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Continuing. Seen on perches next to Whittier Bridge pond. Yellow up to throat, thick dark bill and eyeline, notched tail. "

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 27, 2018 08:34 by Linda Easter
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Continuing. Seen on perches next to Whittier Bridge pond. Yellow up to throat, thick dark bill and eyeline, notched tail. "

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Nov 26, 2018 10:00 by Libby Patten
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Seen next to first pond. Yellow up to throat, large black bill and eyeline. Notched tail. Continuing. "

Orchard Oriole (Icterus spurius) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 08:17 by John Callender
- Santa Monica Creek, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4070435,-119.5278168&ll=34.4070435,-119.5278168
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing adult male. In the Cape Honeysuckle hedge; at the north end of it this time."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-necked Grebe (4 reports)
- Tropical Kingbird (3 reports)
- Palm Warbler (Western) (3 reports)
- Summer Tanager (1 report)

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 16:25 by David Vander Pluym
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing. Photographed by A. J. Searcy"

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 16:25 by Adam Searcy
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing. Photographed by A. J. Searcy"

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 16:25 by Lauren Harter
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing. Photographed by A. J. Searcy"

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 26, 2018 16:25 by Aaron Kreisberg
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Comments: "Continuing bird seen in previously reported location (in the harbor halfway between the end of Sea Landing and Stearn's Wharf). Initially was not seen but eventually spotted near a small flock bufflehead and a couple of Western Grebes. Markedly smaller then the nearby Westerns, with white on lower part of head below the eyeline and dark coloring on the neck. Was diving and reappearing in the vicinity of dredging machine."

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 11:50 by David Vander Pluym
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "Heard only, high pitched sharp rolling twitter. Not Lauren"

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 11:50 by Adam Searcy
- Devereux Slough, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4136013,-119.8756027&ll=34.4136013,-119.8756027
- Comments: "Heard only, high pitched sharp rolling twitter. Not Lauren"

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1)
- Reported Nov 26, 2018 10:00 by Adrian O'Loghlen
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "Seen next to first pond. Yellow up to throat, large black bill and eyeline. Notched tail. Continuing."

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 10:35 by Lauren Harter
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "A small warbler that flew in and landed in an adjacent tree. Brownish overall, pall brown below with faint streaking. Pale supercilium and darker cap. Obvious yellow undertail coverts."

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 10:35 by Adam Searcy
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "A small warbler that flew in and landed in an adjacent tree. Brownish overall, pall brown below with faint streaking. Pale supercilium and darker cap. Obvious yellow undertail coverts."

Palm Warbler (Western) (Setophaga palmarum palmarum) (1)
- Reported Nov 28, 2018 10:35 by David Vander Pluym
- UCSB North Campus Open Space (formerly Ocean Meadows Golf Course), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.421439,-119.8713662&ll=34.421439,-119.8713662
- Comments: "A small warbler that flew in and landed in an adjacent tree. Brownish overall, pall brown below with faint streaking. Pale supercilium and darker cap. Obvious yellow undertail coverts."

Summer Tanager (Piranga rubra) (1)
- Reported Nov 26, 2018 14:30 by Elaine Tan
- Mission Creek--SB Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4406812,-119.7149599&ll=34.4406812,-119.7149599
- Comments: "I'd totally forgotten about this unusual bird that I couldn't immediately ID until Rebecca Coulter posted it to the county birding listserve the following Thursday (11/29/18). I heard its call, which intrigued me since I am not familiar with it, and it drew my gaze to the yellow, thick-billed bird pecking away at a persimmon above the EITS aviary. It paused every so often to give off its chirping "pik-tik-tik" call. The lighting was bad, so I didn't attempt taking a picture and couldn't tell how strong the yellow was."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-necked Grebe (2 reports)
- Calliope Hummingbird (1 report)

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 30, 2018 07:03 by Conor Scotland
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing. Grebe with somewhat blunt-tipped, dingy yellow bill. Mostly dark grayish above, with lighter flanks. Lightest in the throat and breast. Maybe very slight hint of red remaining in the neck. Seen just off of Sea Landing (east of the end). Photos."

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Nov 30, 2018 07:03 by Julie Scotland
- Santa Barbara Harbor, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4078515,-119.6898863&ll=34.4078515,-119.6898863
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing. Grebe with somewhat blunt-tipped, dingy yellow bill. Mostly dark grayish above, with lighter flanks. Lightest in the throat and breast. Maybe very slight hint of red remaining in the neck. Seen just off of Sea Landing (east of the end). Photos."

Calliope Hummingbird (Selasphorus calliope) (1)
- Reported Nov 29, 2018 15:00 by bird poster
- goleta backyard, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.436695,-119.881293&ll=34.436695,-119.881293
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "spots on neck differentiate from Allens?"

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Long-tailed Duck (1 report)
- Stilt Sandpiper (1 report)
- Vermilion Flycatcher (1 report)

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 08:45 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 1 Photo

Stilt Sandpiper (Calidris himantopus) (4)
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 11:34 by John Callender
- Carpinteria Salt Marsh Nature Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.3961231,-119.5283666&ll=34.3961231,-119.5283666
- Comments: "Feeding in the low-tide channel remnant in the basin next to Ash Avenue alongside Willet, Least Sandpipers, and a few dowitchers. Distinctly smaller than nearby Willets, long yellow-green legs, long, dropping bill that was shorter than that of nearby dowitchers. Photos to come."

Vermilion Flycatcher (Pyrocephalus rubinus) (1)
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 10:47 by Cuyler Stapelmann
- River Park (SBA Co.), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6545154,-120.4344893&ll=34.6545154,-120.4344893
- Comments: "Continuing bird. Bright pink/red below (much brighter than SAPH) with streaky breast and white throat and cheek that contrasted with dark auriculars and crown. Flycatching from a willow on the east side of the lake."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Long-tailed Duck (6 reports)
- Red-naped Sapsucker (1 report)
- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Dec 02, 2018 07:22 by Bradley Hacker
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Comments: "Far side of pond sitting in salicornia"

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 09:30 by Jasen Liu
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Comments: "Continuing by bridge"

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 08:56 by Glenn Kincaid
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 2 Photos

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 08:56 by Adrian O'Loghlen
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 2 Photos

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 08:45 by Julie Scotland
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing near train trestle."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 08:45 by Conor Scotland
- Ocean Beach County Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6909567,-120.6003785&ll=34.6909567,-120.6003785
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing near train trestle."

Red-naped Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus nuchalis) (1)
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 11:15 by Anonymous eBirder
- Santa Barbara Pistachio, Highway 33, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.847304,-119.4799447&ll=34.847304,-119.4799447
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing. Initially drawn to strange calls, like a mixture of soft raven and turkey. Distant views only. Bad photos for documentation"

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Dec 01, 2018 08:23 by Jasen Liu
- Jack O'Connell Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.9586988,-120.5904007&ll=34.9586988,-120.5904007
- Comments: "Long-billed kingbird with greenish-gray back, extensive yellow on undersides foraging by water treatment pond. First time seeing this species in North County."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Vermilion Flycatcher (1 report)
- Orchard Oriole (1 report)
- Summer Tanager (1 report)

Vermilion Flycatcher (Pyrocephalus rubinus) (1)
- Reported Dec 02, 2018 09:10 by Libby Lindsay
- River Park (SBA Co.), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.6545154,-120.4344893&ll=34.6545154,-120.4344893
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing adult female sallying between dead pine and willow bordering lake (near pump). Striking orangish-red color from lower abdomen to vent. Streaked breast with white throat. White supercillium.
Black bill and dark gray tail and upper side."

Orchard Oriole (Icterus spurius) (1)
- Reported Dec 03, 2018 08:42 by John Callender
- Santa Monica Creek, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4070435,-119.5278168&ll=34.4070435,-119.5278168
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing. On the east side of the bike path in a tall euc opposite the footbridge south of El Carro Lane. Roof work is being done on the house with the Cape Honeysuckle hedge. Hopefully it won’t continue until the Christmas count on 12/15."

Summer Tanager (Piranga rubra) (1)
- Reported Dec 02, 2018 15:45 by Elaine Tan
- Mission Creek--SB Museum of Natural History, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4406812,-119.7149599&ll=34.4406812,-119.7149599
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Heard the pik-tik-tik call, looked outside, and saw the same individual from last week fly down from the eucalyptus trees in the "woodland loop" behind the club house. It landed in the EITS aviary's persimmon tree, where it silently ate from a torn-open persimmon near the top, only staying there for 20 minutes or so."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Common Ground-Dove (1 report)

Common Ground-Dove (Columbina passerina) (4)
- Reported Dec 04, 2018 09:19 by John Doty
- 2 1/2 miles SE TV Peak, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4619008,-119.8919964&ll=34.4619008,-119.8919964
- Comments: "Small, short-tailed dove, grayish overall, with dark vertical bars on wings/flanks. Much smaller than Eurasian collared dove and mourning dove."

eBird alert

*** Species Summary:

- Red-necked Grebe (1 report)

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1)
- Reported Dec 04, 2018 15:56 by Mark Holmgren
- West Beach, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=34.4100608,-119.6901655&ll=34.4100608,-119.6901655
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Seen near the end of Sea Landing."