Topics

[EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] Leucistic Dark-eyed Junco near Santa Barbara High School

Nick Lethaby

I think this might be an escaped cage bird such as white Zebra Finch.

From: main@sbcobirding.groups.io [mailto:main@sbcobirding.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Kinsman
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 11:38 PM
To: main@sbcobirding.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] Leucistic Dark-eyed Junco near Santa Barbara High School

Hi SB Birders,

My daughter sent me a photo of what looks like a leucistic dark-eyed junco she found in her backyard on N Nopal St across from the high school on June 6th. I’ve attached a cropped version of the photo for verification and because I think this completely white junco may be rare.

Happy Birding!

--
Mark Kinsman
Santa Clara, CA

Mark Kinsman

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to the group. My daughter said it made a honk/squeak noise when it hopped. I sent a link to a YouTube video with zebra finches making noise and she verified that it sounded like a zebra finch. Nick hit the nail on the head.
--
Mark Kinsman
Santa Clara, CA