Topics

[EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] Orchard Oriole

Nick Lethaby

All,

I ran into Tom while walking around Devereux and COPR. I went to the eucs and found a couple of Bullock's Orioles but missed the Orchard. The slough had 3 Pintail and there was a juvenile Whitefront on NCOS.

nick

On Nov 9, 2019 9:25 AM, Thomas Turner <habarimbu@...> wrote:
I think I had an Orchard Oriole this morning in Isla Vista. It was a female, so I could be mistaken, but it looked good to me. I had that typical “what warbler is that?!” reaction at first, due to its small size, non-contrasting coloration, and short tail. It didn’t have the face pattern of a Bullock’s Oriole.

It was in the Eucalyptus row that goes from the Red Barn near Devereux to the West Campus Bluffs. It was pretty closely lined up with Fortuna Park. The eucs there are really full of hummingbirds and warblers at the moment, so there could be other things in there.

Tom Turner

Goleta

--
Nick Lethaby