Topics

Fig

Nick Lethaby

Refugio was not as good as yesterday but still a few hundred birds. Best was a Gray Flycatcher, along with a nice look at a chat and a flyby Lawrence's Goldfinch. More larger passerines today with 20-25 each of Western Tanager, Bullock's Oriole, and Black-headed Grosbeak. My original plan was to do a series of timed counts of passerine streams up the canyon to get  a better idea of volume. However, once I arrived, the overwhelming amount of action plus the fact the birds are migrating across at least a 600 yard front through multiple mini-valleys caused me to give up immediately. That Mike Tyson quote came to mind: "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 6:43 AM Bradley Hacker <hacker@...> wrote:
NO migrants. ZERO

--
Nick Lethaby