Topics

Fw: [sbcobirding] Coronado puddle and Atascadero Creek

Florence Sanchez

----- Forwarded Message -----

From: Florence Sanchez <sanchezucsb11@...>
To: David Levasheff <levaweb@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 04:52:52 PM PDT
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Coronado puddle and Atascadero Creek

Correction:  Oak titmouse!

Florence

On Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 04:27:59 PM PDT, David Levasheff <levaweb@...> wrote:

Tufted Titmouse?

David
On 10/23/2019 3:14 PM, Florence Sanchez via Groups.Io wrote:
I walked along Atascadero Creek between Ward Drive and Patterson this morning, but it was failry quiet and I had little of interest there.

I then parked at the end of Ellwood Beach Road and walked the trail from there to the Coronado puddle.  There was a lot of bird activity near the puddle but I did not find  the Black and White Warbler reported earlier.  Some of the birds that came to the puddle this morning were a Red-breasted Nuthatch, Ruby-crowed Kinglets, Chectnut-backed Chickadee, Tufted Titmouse, California Towhee, Orange Crowned Warbler, at least 2 different Yellow-rumps, 1 Common Yellowthroat, and at least 2 different Townsend's Warblers.  Munia were abundant all around.

The puddle is very small now, only at the base of the culvert, so it's hard to see the birds bathing wihtout spooking them.  However, most pop up into the vegetation after bathing and are faily easy to see then.

Florence Sanchez